|The following updates, changes, and fixes are being applied to Chaos and Order today, Tuesday May 24th, 2011.
Abilities, Items and Spells
- Dragon Gatherer, Scalecrafter and Spellcrafter Cogs can now be found in Istaria.
- New spell, Primal Alacrity, to the loot tables and formulatrons. Usable only by Dragons, but craftable by anyone, it is a duplicate of Gift of Alacrity.
- Blighted Resource Cleansing formulas of all tiers are now sold by the Dennison Jadefellow, the Scholar and Researcher, in Dalimond.
- Board and Bark, Cut Gem, Essence Orb can now be scribed at 1100 skill instead of 1200.
- Applying a Dragon tech kit (Sharper, Battle-Forged, Rending, etc) to an item will no longer cause it to become instantly attuned. Now, it will be attune-on-equip. Note: This will not alter items previously attuned when a Dragon tech kit was applied.
- Technique Components no longer have a sale limit.
- Weapon Tech Kit: Withered Bane is no longer automatically attuned and no longer has attune-on-install, but instead makes the item attune-on-equip.
- Hunter's Retribution I is now known as "Weapon Tech Kit: Hunter's Retribution I"
- Hunter's Retribution tech kit is no longer attuned and no longer attunes-on-install, but instead makes the item attune-on-equip.
- Exsanguinate now can do more damage (min is still 200) and also gets a bonus to-hit.
- Antolathes' Gift now lasts for 8 minutes, but has a 12 minute recycle.
- Mithril Bullion, Extended Fission Mobilizer, and Bronzed Proton Relocator no longer say they prevent teleport or recall (since they never did anyway).
- All modified dragon ability quests (from both this patch and the previous one) for level 20 and up have had their keyword restriction removed. This means that dragons may work on more than one quest at a time so long as they meet requirements.
- The following quest lines in ranks 9 and 10 (generally level 90 and 100) will now properly require that the dragon be an Ancient Dragon before they will be offered the quest: Accurate Breath, Hardened Scales, Drain Strike, Spiked Scales, Dragon's Reach, Primal Instant Heal
- Drain Strike 8 and Spiked Scales 8 will no longer be awarded as part of the Ancient Rite of Passage.
- Accurate Breath
*Quests 1 to 4 have been updated and modified to use new mobs and provide better directions. In addition players on the quests will need to use a Breath Weapon during the quest while fighting the mob for the quest to advance. Quests will now be offered at lvls 15, 25, etc to reflect the difficulty of the mobs used in the quest. Players will also find that the amount of experience given for completing the quest is consistent across the whole line of quests.
*Quests 5 to 10 have been added to Luadius. Players will be offered these quests every 10 levels starting where the previous quests leave off.
- Dragon's Reach
*Quests 1 to 4 have been updated and modified to use new mobs and provide better directions.
*The Quest line has been filled out with the addition of quests 5 through 10. Players will be offered these quests every 10 levels starting at lvl 50.
- Drain Strike
*Quests 1 to 7 have been updated to have more of a storyline and provide experience consistent with those of other dragon ability quests. *The quests will now be offered every 10 levels starting at level 15 to be more in line with the rating of the monsters being fought during the quest.
- Severant in Dralk now will offer dragons further training in Drain Strike ability starting at level 85.
- Drain Bolt
*Khemarius no longer requires 1 Greater Ghost Vapor and 1 Undead Ectoplasm as some of the reagents for the Drain Bolt VI quest, thus making it a bit easier for players to determine what is needed and where to find it.
- Hardened Scales
*Quests for levels 10 to 70 have been modified and adjusted to point players to a consistent style of mobs, provide better directions and better experience. They are available every 10 levels starting at level 10. (Gerix offers the level 10 quest, Zebeginia offers all others)
*Quests up to lvl 100 have been added to Zebeginia The Scale Hardener.
- Primal Instant Heal
*Quests for levels 10 to 70 have been modified and adjusted to point players to a consistent style of mobs, provided better directions and experience. Due to the level of monster in the challenges, the quests will now be offered starting at level 15 and every 10 levels there after.
*Quests 8 to 10 have been added to Frall in Chiconis.
- Primal Mastery
*Quests (all levels) have been modified to give experience consistent with other dragon ability quests of the same level. Primal Mastery 8 and Primal Mastery 9 have been modified to require monsters more in line with the level of the character when they would be offered the quest.
- Dragon's Gift
*Quest line updated with improved directions and now provides players the new experience amounts for completing the quests. The final quest in the series will no longer require players to return to Chiconis in between trips to the Islands of Fire and Ice.
- Spiked Scales
*Quest line has been extended to lvl 100.
*Quest line from Rykhar has been modified to use a consistent type of mob, have a storyline, and use the same experience for completion as other dragon ability quests.
- Gold Rage
*Quest line updated with improved directions to where to find mobs as needed and experience provided for quest completion now matches that of other dragon ability quests.
- Breath Quests
*Breath of Ice quest will now be offered to any adult dragon of at least level 40. The quest has also been modified slightly from the original to provide a bit more by way of storyline and better directions to where to go to obtain the required components.
*Breath of Fire III quest will now be offered by Kelakhan to any dragon of at least level 60. The quest has also been updated to flow better with the overall storyline for the breath weapon quests and give better directions.
*Breath of Lightning quest will now be offered by Kelakhan to any dragon of at least level 80. The quest has also been updated to flow better with the overall storyline for the breath weapon quests and give better directions.
- Bright Wisps now spawn on the Isle of Wisps.
- Sand Scarabs will now appear on Retha Island beaches as they do on Dikiana Island beaches.
- Enraged Elite Blighted Blights now operate with the Leader AI and can spawn followers, even in combat.
- Added a few spawns of the non-Leader Elite Blighted Blights back in with the spawns of Enraged Elite Blighted Blights.
- Redrew the Marble Golem and Marble Boulder GOlem spawn regions in the Marble Quarry. They no longer overlap, the spawn rates are lower, and the Golem and Boulder Golems are now separated. Brecah will now only spawn amongst the Boulder Golems.
- Redbacked Tarantulas which spawn in the Northern Deadlands have had their level increased so that they are more of a challenge than their smaller Redbacked Spider counterparts.
- Shadow Spider Breeders are no longer aggressive.
- Changes to Redbacked Spider AI: Breeders are no longer aggressive, now spawn followers. Soldiers and Workers no longer share the same AI template. Workers act much like Hatchlings, they aren't aggressive but will call for assistance if attacked. Soldiers remain aggressive, but don't ask for assistance.
- Monster ability, Squall, now does Nature damage instead of piercing damage.
- Monster ability, Thundering Strike, now does energy damage and has less chance of stunning.
- Forest Skulk Elders, Shaman and Hunter now all have the proper weapon skills and should be more accurate and do more damage in combat.
- Redbacked Tarantulas will now spawn at levels higher than the "smaller" Redbacked Spiders. Hatchlings now spawn at levels 51-55, and Redbacked Tarantulas spawn at 56-60.
- Sand Beetle Carapace will now drop from any sand beetle while you are on the quest "Sslanis Militia: Sand Beetle Stomp"
- Increased the minimum and maximum spawn of Shining Wisps in the Yew Forest slightly.
- Lowered the mark-up of goods sold by Resliak and Frelic in New Trismus by 75%.
- Trainers on New Trismus (Kerian, Guran, Erelald, Elenna, Reffis, Gaeta and Johald) now sell their wares for 75% less than before.
- Frelic will now give Warriors a Refurbished Bronze Broad Sword, Refurbished Bronze Scalemail Chestguard, Refurbished Bronze Scalemail Helm, Refurbished Bronze Scalemail Greaves, and Refurbished Bronze SCalemail Boots to get started.
- Frelic will now give Scouts a Refurbished Bronze Short Sword, Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Chestguard, Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Helm, Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Greaves, and Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Boots to get started.
- Frelic will now give Clerics a Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Helm, Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Greaves, and Refurbished Bronze Ringmail Boots.
- Frelic will now give Mages a Refurbished Flaxen Cloth Cap, Refurbished Flaxen Cloth Leggings, and Refurbished Flaxen Cloth Boots.
- Resliak will now give Clerics Revitalize I, Gift of Toughness I and Mystic Blaze I instead of Training Revitalize.
- Resliak will now give Mages Flame Bolt I, Immolate I, and Binding Crystals I instead of Training Flame Bolt.
- Quest "Rhagool: Looking for Junk" to Rhagool in New Trismus. This quest will assist players in learning more about junk loot and what to do with it.
- Cleric, Mage, Warrior and Scout quests on New Trismus now properly give coin (between 500 and 1000 copper each).
- Kerian on New Trismus now sells the Beginner Focus Chest Scale formula.
- Eilen the Mage at the Mage Tower no longer worries about Icy Tokens. She will instead sell you her spell forms for coin.
- Dennison Jadefellow now properly has the Pawnbroker AI.
- Moved Naithis the Watcher from the very top of the Tower of Magery to the top platform so he is more easily reached.
- Druid Trainers now properly check your requirements before joining you to the Druid school.
- Grosok's dialog is totally sslikified.
- Human Clock Tower can now be built on plots as decoration.
- New Plot Structure: Wheelbarrows - Three new types of buildable wheelbarrows have been added after players saw the one used as the construction model for plot tiles.
- New Vault Structures: Three new vault structures have been added, each which uses a new model.
*T2 "Basic" Vault is listed as Vault Storage - Small and when activated has a Vault Keeper.
*T4 Vault is listed as Vault Storage - Medium and when activated has a Vault Keeper and Pawnbroker.
*T6 Vault is listed as Vault Storage - Large and when activated has a Vault Keeper, Pawnbroker and Consignment Merchant.
*In order to complete the construction of these new vaults, a special "Hiring Permit" is required for each of the different NPC's. Hiring Permits from Pawnbrokers across Istaria.
- Consolidated Teleport Classes that were redundant with others to create fewer classes. Players should NOT notice a difference in portal costs at this point in the changes. There were just multiple "Free" classes that were consolidated down to one single grouping.
- Teleport Gates and pads are now linked in a more cyclical manner.
- Bristugo contains 5 teleport gates: To destinations on Dalimond Peninsula, Trandalar, Racial Cities (including Tazoon), Settlements and Shepherd's Mountain, and Guilds (including Saritova)
- A new hub has been created in Genevia 5 teleport gates: Scorpion Island, Racial Cities (including Tazoon), Settlements and Shepherd's Mountain, Genevia Towns and Resort Islands including New Trismus, Guild Islands (including Saritova). NOTE: This hub is intended to offer an alternative location for players who need T1 and T2 resources. Additional portals have been added from destinations on Genevia to aid in the transportation of resources from the field back to player communities. Scorpion Island now readily connects to Genevia as well for those transporting T2 resources.
- Settlements (including Shepherd's Mountain) now connect to a new hub in Genevia, to Bristugo, Racial Cities and other Settlements.
Guilds (including Saritova) now connect to a new hub in Genevia, to Bristugo, Racial cities and other Guild communities.
- New Trismus now takes players only to Kion and Genevia. This is by design to aid new players in being able to make their way around the world, but still give experienced players an easy "hub" to reach when traveling back from New Trismus. New Trismus can be reached from Genevia and any other Racial City.
- A new series of decorative tiles has been added for players to change the visual terrain on their plots.
- All tiles should be able to go beneath existing structures (or new ones) but for the upper left corner (when initially placed), as the footprint for the tiles is a small square in the upper left corner.
- All tiles will initially be centered on the center of the plot. The construction model for the tiles will remain in the center of plots (unless the tile is moved of course), but you should be able to add resources to the construction of the tile by standing in the corner of the plot nearest to where the tile's footprint is located. (Please note we are looking in to how to improve this system so that the "visual indicator" that shows the construction model, and the "really need to stand here" are not so separated so players won't be getting the "You are too far away from the structure to do construction." message repeatedly.)
- Tile sizes are: 5x5, 5x10, 5x15, 10x10, 10x15, 10x20, 15x15, 20x20, 20x40, 30x30, 40x40. It is more efficient resource wise to use as large a tile as possible when covering your plot rather than using multiple small tiles. These include tiles called: Broken Grass, Cobble, Cobble Deadfall, Cobble SNOW, Decorative Square, Fishbone Square, Grass, Ice, Jungle Dirt, Jungle Grass, Grey Slate, Stone, Swamp Mud, Sand, Sandstone, Snow, Tilled Dirt, and Volcanic Stone.
- Tiles with a decorative center only come in 5x5 and 10x10 size. These include: Obsidian, Dragon Center tiles with various backgrounds, Planter Center tiles with various backgrounds.
- New decorative ponds for T1-T4 have been added. The "odd tiers" are simple ponds without flowers, where the "even tiers" have flowers and a bit more in the way of decoration that come with them.
- Sergeant Dylan in Delgarath will now hand out the Creepy Crawler Crusher title to those who qualify.
- Seven adventurer quests, one Attunement quest, and a Adventurer/ Tinkerer quest to the Gnomes at the Gnomian Outpost in the Winter Vale.
- Quest "Geoff: Cargo Disks" to Geoff the Pawnbroker in New Trismus.
- New Trophy Quest added for Redbacked Tarantula Hatchling Thoraxes (lvl 51).
- Jemmei Brocklebor in Heart now offers the quest "Perfect Rose Quartz Shard"
- Quest "Tower of Magery: Collect Icy Dire Wolf Claws" no gives you coin instead of Icy Tokens as a reward and will also give you XP now.
- Quest "Assist Eilen the Mage With Her Icy research" no longer makes you wait 2 minutes for Androgos to finish reading his letter or preparing the bones. The quest now gives you more coin and XP as a reward.
- Quest "Abigail's Outstanding Order (Repeatable)" now calls for cut amethyst instead of uncut and gives slightly less coin each trip.
- Corrected the minimum level requirement for quest "Spellcraft Mastery VI: Granite Spell Shards"
- Bright Essence Residue can now be found within the Feladan Woods.
- Increased the quantity of Blighted Shining Essence Residue that spawns in the Eastern Deadlands.
- Monk, Druid and Spiritist schools are now considered hybrid (semi-prestige) schools. Their pre-requisites have been updated as follows:
*Monk requires the character to be at least level 10 in the Warrior school.
*Druid requires the character to be at least level 10 in the Cleric school.
*Spiritist requires the character to be at least level 10 in Mage school.
- Monk, Druid and Spiritist now includes Khutit as a restricted race and are classified as Prestige schools.
- A new Teleport Gate has been constructed on a tiny island between the Islands of Ice and Fire. Dantor the Scout is nearby and will offer to attune players to the pad. He will also offer you the warmth of his fire before you head to the Island of Ice.
- Revamped the valley north of Old Rachival. It is now known as the Winter Vale and contains a Gnomian Outpost along with numerous world enhancements, resources, monster spawns, a buildable logging camp, as well as a teleport gate and destination pad. NOTE: This area is not yet complete and still lacks NPC dialog and some of the monster spawns. Also, the destination pad cannot yet be attuned to.
- Revamped the road leading to the Winter Vale from the Stormy March. Its now more forested and contains additional monster spawns.
- Dirt paths now run from portals to destination pad to the shrine and all points between in the city of Feladan.
- Roads in Aughundell now connect the portals, destination pad, and the shops. Dirt Paths now connect fully to the main roads.
- Quest "Gaileach: The Myloc Colony (Part 1)" now uses the proper keyword for Myloc Hierophants and will again drop the Sacrificial Dagger.
- Corrected the Coin and Hoard values of Blighted Resource Cleansing formulas.
- Corrected the Quantity and Optimal Skill values for Tier4 and 5 resources in Journeyman and Expert Blighted Resource Cleansing formulas.
- Fixed some inconsistencies with quantity and optimal skill values in Master Blighted Resource Cleansing formulas.
- Expert Round Cross Shield now requires 800 armorcraft to scribe.
- Expert Fine Round Cross Shield now requires 900 armorcraft to scribe.
- Journeyman Fine Round Cross Shield now requires 500 armorcraft to scribe.
- Journeyman Round Cross Shield now requires 400 armorcraft to scribe.
- Fixed a step in the quest "Dragon Tutorial: Spells and Abilities" that was giving another quest when it shouldn't be.
- Beginner and Journeyman Cleansing formulas now have proper tier keywords.
- Obsidian Golems will again spawn from level 61 to 65.
- Mental Bane technique will now properly apply its effect to the caster, not the target.
- Level 71-75 Winter Werewolves now properly drop Winter Werewolf loot, not Werewolf loot.
- Expert Tech Kit formulas once again have the proper requirements to scribe.
- Redbacked Spider Hatchlings are now properly linked to Redbacked Spider Breeders and so will behave socially as they were intended to.
- Redbacked Tarantula Hatchlings are now properly linked to Redbacked Tarantula Breeders so they will behave socially as they were intended to.
- Gatherer's Boon, Bounty and Blessing techniques now properly say Essence Harvesting instead of Dowsing in their descriptions.
- Icy Dire Wolf Alphas will only spawn 1 to 2 followers instead of 4 to 6 now.
- Pure Water for the Myloc quest series can now be gathered using a Bucket and Ingenuity.
- Baric Graybeard, Blacksmith Trainer in Aughundell, now properly sells the Masonry Trowel, Mixing Spoon and Jewelry Plier formulas.
- Attia the Blacksmith Trainer in Kirasanct now carries the full line of Expert tool formulas like Baric Graybeard.
- Fixed a dip in the road between Istaria's Union and Bristugo.
- Aura of Warmth now properly buffs Ice Resistance.
- Dantor the Scout now properly mentions the bonfire and warmth in his dialogue.
- Earthen Crust IV now properly has the flameresist keyword.
- Dragon's Reach quests 5-10 now have the proper constraints and now can be attained from Bentaras.
- Quest "Dimensional Pocket I: Spell Shards" now sends you to Murrina in Parsinia instead of Xarinnis.
- The lair at the north end of the South March community is now correctly buildable as a 120x120 lair.
- Rearranged the teleport gates in Bristugo so that the Racial City Gate is aligned north.
- Rearranged the teleport gates in Genevia.
- Forested the region around the teleport gates in Genevia.
- Accurate Breath IX now correctly tracks Sand Crabs of all types, and a step has been added to provide rough directions to the island for those who are not attuned to it already.
- Sand Crabs on the Island of Talinis once again drop technique components.
- Stone Flooring Obsidian (both sizes) now use the proper "unfinished" model.
- Quest "Scout: Seek out Jyrris Wind in Dalimond" will now properly begin with Geela and show the step to speak with Jyrris Wind in Dalimond.
- Lowered the recharge time of Shield of Gold to 300 seconds.
- Drulkar's Wrath and Volcano now share 50% of their timers with other Epic abilities/spells instead of 100%.
- Use of the Fishing Mastery tool technique will now properly grant additional bonus chances while fishing.
- Fixed small 5x5 tiles for snow, sandstone, sand, volcanic to now use the proper small size "under construction" model.
- Skalkaar and Spirit Island no longer require players to attune to them. This should also correct the problem with players who had previously attuned not being able to port to there on Blight.
- Brownback Stalkers now drop Brownback Stalker Paws instead of Brownback Claws.
- Purple Tarantulas now drop the trophy Purple Tarantula Thorax
- Purple Tarantula Hatchlings once again drop the trophy Purple Tarantula Hatchling Forelegs
- XP awarded in the Lodestone formulas now matches that given in the Cast Stone formulas.
- Essence Leather Band now contains the Tier number in its description.
- Portal in Bristugo to Dalimond Peninsula and other "outlying" destinations is now properly named "Outlands Destinations".
- Portal to Winter Vale now properly requires attunement.
- Delgarath Destination Pad is now properly linked to the "Outlands Destinations" gate in Bristugo.
- Island of Fire and Ice destination pad is now properly linked to "Outlands Destinations" gate in Bristugo.
- Quest: Rhagool: Looking for Junk will no longer point players to hunting pygmies in the quest journal step. Typos have also been fixed.
- Typing mistakes in various Dragon Ability quests have been fixed. Turgid Purple Weavers will now count in the Accurate Breath 8 quest.
- Storm Disciple: Way of Stone quest will now only count golems made of stone as the quest journal suggests.
- Fixed a chat bug in quest "Display Your Clerical Skills"
- Clean-up on the quest "Lesser Aradoth: Attunement to Parsinia"
- Fixed a bug with quest Imperial Bank: Vault Upgrade VII that was allowing players to get it too early.
- Quest "Brunt: Liquidate the Icy Dire Wolves" now has the ExtraLoot keyword so that Icy Dire Wolf Pelts will drop as loot.
- Quest "Attunement: Winter Vale" can no longer be completed more than once.
- Hiring Permits now require the proper tool type (that being an Istarian Army Knife) on the resource as well as on the structures they are used in. This should allow them to be applied properly to the new vault buildings.
- Players can once again port from Bristugo to Abandoned Island once they have attuned to AI.
- Gerix will no longer offers quest "Accurate Breath I: Improve Your Breath Accuracy" to dragons that are already working on a quest for him.
- Fixed a few dialog errors in Gerix's dialog during quest "Accurate Breath I: Improve Your Breath Accuracy".
- In quest "Marcus' Quest: Shipment of Bracelets", Bastea will now properly give you the Beginner Armor Bracelet formula.
- In quest "Marcus' Quest: Shipment of Scales" now refers to Murrina in Parsinia instead of Xarinnis. Gerix now gives you the Beginner Armor Wing Scale formula at the proper stage of the quest. Xarinnis' Mark is now known as Murrina's Mark.
- Many of the dragon ability quests still had the quest_task_dragon keyword on them that would prevent players from being able to work on multiple quests at once. All dragon ability quests past the first rank should no longer have this restriction. Note that T1 quests (level 10 or 15) still have the restriction of only having one active at a time in order to help guide players through new levels easier.
- "Tooth and Claw Expert" quest now requires completion of "Tooth and Claw Adept" quest.
- "Tooth and Claw Mastery" quest now requires the completion of "Tooth and Claw Expert" quest.
- Quest for Drain Strike 8 can no longer be attained after completing quest for Drain Strike 6. You must have completed the quest for Drain Strike 7 first.
- Spiked Scale IV no longer requires you to kill 50 Ice Pygmies. (Note that no dragon ability quest should require that many kills any longer to complete.)
- Dwarven Medium Shop and Dwarven Small Blacksmith Shop will no longer show on the build list for player plots. They were removed quite some time ago from buildable status due to problems with the model, but would still show on the build list for some plots due to the size of the plot.
- Nerve Strike debuff now references the proper stats (Strength and Dexterity).
- Journeyman Millstone now properly boosts Stoneworking.
- Fire Ogres now no longer erroneously count toward the quest Hardened Scales 8. Now only the Dire Wolves will count.
- Spiked Scales quests 8 and 9 now give proper amounts of experience. Spiked Scales 10 no longer gives experience upon completion.
- Primal Instant Heal 9 and Drain Bolt 9 now give proper experience amount upon completion.
- Drain Bolt 10 no longer gives experience upon completion.
- Drain Strike VIII: Another Strange Oastic, Primal Instant Heal VII: Sand In the Claws!, Primal Instant Heal VIII: Return to the Cold now gives proper experience for completing the quest.
- Gather Rare Components for Balit's Research now has Balit asking verbally for the same items he has on the list he gives out.
- Expert Fine Broad Sword formula now properly allows you to deconstruct Fine Mithril Broad Swords.
- Removed bugged resource spawn of Titian Azulyte from player lair in Titian Mines. (Spawn of Titian Azulyte in the public lair has been increased slightly to keep overall resource availability near the same.)